Page Banner

Household Pets

Statistically only 5% of all cats are pedigreed. That means that the other 95% are of mixed or unknown parentage! CFA refers to this vast majority of feline friends as Household Pets. Household pets come in a variety of colors and patterns, long hair and short, large and small, extroverted and introverted. The variety is endless. Sometimes cat owners will say their cat is, "just a cat." But nothing can be further from the truth! Every cat is unique. Each has its own beauty and personality. Each is wonderful, funny, loving, smart, acrobatic, and cuddly.

Would you like to show the world just how special your kitty is? If so, you might want to enter him/her in our Household Pet competition. In this year's Household Pet class, your kitty will be judged on his health, beauty and personality by eight (8) CFA judges. Then each judge will pick his/her top ten HHPs to call back for a final in which each will receive a beautiful rosette to take home!

Click here for printable information to help you get started showing your cat in Household Pet class.

Showing Your Household Pet